Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Post 3 : How to stop desertification

Hello readers, today I’m going to talk about such an interesting video called “How to green the world’s desert and reverse the climate change” by Allan Savory. In the video, Allan Savory talks -from his experience- about how to stop desertification, explaining how they arrived at these conclusions after several investigations, including some previous misconceptions.

I think that the topic under discussion is very outstanding and every single person should be informed about this, because we are largely responsible for the climate change and it is an issue that concerns us all as living beings belonging to the ecosystem.

About the solution given by Allan Savory, It makes sense to me; after all, through all our history man has always tried to imitate nature with its perfectly balanced mechanism, sometimes incomprehensible to us. The idea to imitate nature seems to be right, but I have to recognize that I’m not agree even with the concept of “cattle”, it contrasts somewhat to my ideals and my ethics, and I wonder what the consequences will raise this amount of cattle? What will happen to all of them after recover the vegetation? I would like to read more about this topic to have a better opinion, a more informed one.


That’s all, see you J

No comments:

Post a Comment